Both activities combine lots of fun, endless adrenaline and magnificent landscapes! With the Canyoning tour, early in the morning, you will have the opportunity to explore incredible rivers and waterfalls through different techniques (eg, rappel, small jumps, and rockslides). On the Biking tour, which will follow lunch, you will discover new panoramas, fauna and flora that you never thought existed. Without a doubt, the ideal excursion for adventure and nature lovers!
- Ideal for fun, adventure and adrenaline lovers;
- Suitable for (almost) all ages, and for beginners (while still challenging for the most experienced);
- Possibility of Pick-up (and Drop-off) at your accommodation place;
- It is recommended that you are in good physical shape and know how to ride a bike, but you don’t need to know how to swim for the Canyoning tour.
Children between 10 and 12 years: 25% discount applied.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Parque Natural da Ribeira dos Caldeirões|
|OPTIONS / EXTRAS||
Minimum Travellers: 2
Maximum Travellers: 8
The Canyoning tour will take place in Parque Natural da Ribeira dos Caldeirões, one of the most extraordinary places in the northeastern part of the island of São Miguel (+/- 45-minute drive away from the city of Ponta Delgada). When we get there, we will proceed with the equipment distribution and a quick safety briefing, followed by a 15-30-minute hike towards the space where the fun will take place. The tour will end with a cozy picnic-lunch of regional products, in the place where we started
Here, the highest rappel can reach up to 15 meters, and the highest jump up to 6 meters (if you feel uncomfortable about the jumps, know that there are alternatives).
On the other hand, our bike tours can be carried out in one of the following 2 areas, depending on local conditions, weather, and the abilities of the group:
– Graminhais / Tronqueira: The circuit will start on the Graminhais plateau, very close to Pico da Vara (the highest peak of the island), and will pass through the area of Tronqueira, which covers the largest primitive forest of the island, surrounded by immense mountains and deep valleys. In addition to breathtaking landscapes, you will have the opportunity to explore and get to know a little of the typical fauna, flora and geology of São Miguel.
NOTE: Most of the tour will be done downhill, and some places can be quite steep.
– Furnas: This is, perhaps, the most unusual and impressive parish on the island, as it is located within one of the oldest and still active volcanic calderas of the archipelago. In addition to having the opportunity to visit the emblematic fumaroles, thermal springs and Furnas Lagoon, you will also learn about the history of this magnificent land.
NOTE: This will be a slightly more demanding tour, with some rough uphills that, in the end, will be totally worth!