This year, and by decision of the European Parliament, the European Year of Cultural Heritage is celebrated.
In this context, Pporto.pt and VERdeNOVO promote the 2nd edition of the “Heritage, Tourism and Sustainable Development” Seminar, to be held on 18 and 19 October 2018, in the Auditorium of the Museu Nacional dos Coches. This initiative has the support of the Directorate General of Cultural Heritage and the National Museum of Cars.
The aim of the Seminar “Heritage, Tourism and Sustainable Development” is to promote a reflection on the cultural heritage in its diversity as a factor of social cohesion and economic development. More specifically, the Seminar aims to constitute a moment of reflection on the role and contribution of culture and tourism to the sustainable development of societies and territories.
For this, we propose a multidisciplinary approach, involving different actors, public and private, with equally distinct experiences, in terms of Cultural Heritage, Territory, Tourism and Economy.
– Raise awareness of the importance of preserving and enhancing cultural heritage as a lever for sustainable development;
– Discuss the role and importance of Cultural Heritage and Tourism in the context of the development of societies and territories;
– Promote and promote strategies, tools and practices of sustainable development based on the potential of Cultural Heritage and Tourism;
– Publicize and promote social innovation offers and activities based on Cultural Heritage and Tourism;
– Disseminate and promote projects and instruments of territorial development based on a sustainability perspective, particularly in low density regions.